Dr. Ray Wm SmithLicensed Mental Health Counselor
Dr. Ray Smith
Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Please be aware that although we use email addresses that are solely for our use, are password protected and HIPAA compliant, there is still a risk in that it is not absolutely confidential as it has the potential for electronic viewing when passed over the Internet. Therefore we strongly recommend that if you decide to use this form of contact you consider the content of your message and limit it to general subject matter only. Thank you for understanding.
Use this form to make or change an appointments.
Q6 Broadcast News: Sex Addiction
Hello, I’m Dr. Ray Smith.
I am an ordained minister and a mental health counselor. In my counseling practice, I combine my Christian faith with my knowledge of mental therapy to provide you with counseling or therapy that involves faith in the practical work of resolving the personal issues that we all face.
You may be concerned about a personal issue, or a traumatic event in your life, you might be struggling with addiction or questions of faith… working with me, you will find a gentle, supportive atmosphere of genuine guidance. Together, using the insights of our modern human understanding and our faith in God, we can walk the healing path. Don’t allow another day of suffering to pass without help, call me at: 509-466-6632
Prompted by my desire to minister and counsel people of faith who find themselves in difficult situations, I earned a doctorate in ministry and my certification as a Mental Health Counselor. I have my license in Washington for counseling and I am a National Board Certified Counselor.
I serve locally in the Presbyterian Church in my capacity as an ordained minister and as an adjunct Professor of Counseling at Whitworth College.
- Bachelor of Science, 1974, Central Missouri State University, Political Science
- Master of Divinity, Doctor of Ministry, 1978, Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Pastoral Care
- Master of Science, Doctor of Education, 1985, Memphis State University, Counseling
- Washington Registered Counselor
- Washington Certified Mental Health Counselor
- Licensed Professional Counselor (Texas)
- National Board for Certified Counselors
- Grace Presbyterian Church, San Antonio, TX, Pastor, ’78-’81
- Shady Grove Presbyterian Church, Memphis, TN, ’81-’85
- First Presbyterian Church, Spokane, WA, Associate Pastor, ’85-’90
- Knox Presbyterian Church, Spokane; Interim, ’91
- American Psychological Association
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- American Association of Counseling and Development
- Diplomat in the American Association of Family Counselors
- Association of Grief Counselors and Death Educators
- Association of Religious and Value Issues in Counseling
- International Platform Speakers Association
- National Eagle Scout Association
- Personalities of the South
- Spo-Can Council
- Diplomat in the Treatment of Eating Disorders
HCC Healthy Counseling Center
9507 North Division Street
The Holland Building, Suite A
Spokane, WA 99218
Phone (509) 466-6632